ABOUT PERI  

PERI since 1965

Republic Act 4593 established the Philippine Eye Research Institute (PERI) within the University of the Philippines on June 19, 1965. Four months later, on October 22, the University Board of Regents appointed Dr. Geminiano de Ocampo as its first Director. By July 1966, PERI had a home within the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) Compound. It was organized as an autonomous unit of the UP, and collaborated with the College of Medicine at its teaching hospital, the PGH. In 1978, the UP Board of Regents changed PERI's name to "Institute of Ophthalmology (IO)." When Republic Act 8503 was approved in 1998, creating the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the IO's name reverted to PERI by virtue of University issuance. The mission of PERI is directed systematic research. It is envisioned to be the center of ophthalmology research activities and repository of recorded literature and information about eye research in the country.

MISSION

 

To be the leading institution in the Philippines for ophthalmic research and development by providing research support facilities, initiating population-based studies, formulating national policies, and providing direction, inspiration and training in order to ultimately improve the national state of ophthalmic health.

VISION

 

To be internationally recognized as the premier institution in the country dedicated to blindness prevention and the advancement of ophthalmology through basic, clinical, and epidemiological research.

PHILIPPINE EYE RESEARCH INSTITUTE

NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH PHILIPPINES

UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES

Sentro Oftalmologico Jose Rizal Building

Leo DP Cubillan, MD MPH

Director

TransSeal.png

CALL US

Tel: +63-8-524-7119

Fax: +63-8-524-7119

Email: upm-peri@up.edu.ph

Mobile: +63-995-867-8604

VISIT US

5F SOJR Bldg.

UP-PGH Compound

Ermita, Manila 1000

FIND US

@1965-2019 by PERI-NIH-UP. All Rights Reserved